Friday, July 9, 2010

Mid Session Letter


July 9, 2010
Dear Ms. Awesome Teacher, Laura Darrow,
You told us to write as though this was a portfolio letter and that is how I addressed the graders. Well not that same exact heading but something just as ridiculous and fun! My biggest challenge in the class so far has been trying to keep up with all the reading. I am taking a comparative religions class right now that I not only have to read the text book for but two other books on different religions and then I have to write a five to eight page paper, so I’m bogged down with reading and writing in this eight week process. My biggest success I think would have to be my blog. I really like having a blog, I didn’t think I would but I like maintaining it and being creative with the art and videos and everything else. The reading material for this class has had a major impact on me. I think what got to me the most was “The Sand Storm” just because I am a drama geek and the raw emotions I felt from the play really moved me. The literary analysis of the readings weren’t really a stretch for me, I analyze everything. I have to analyze even the most simple of assignments in order to really understand what I’m doing. And really the only writing that I’ve had to do is in my English 102 and my Creative Writing class.
In the second half of the semester I just hope that I’ll be able to keep up with everything. My goal is to pass this class with as little problems as possible. I am looking forward to finishing “The Handmaid’s Tale” it is an interesting book. And, no offense to you Laura Darrow because you’re awesome, I’m just really looking forward to the end of this semester so I can finally have a life again!
Sincerely,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment